Sunday, January 27, 2008

Just checking in

I've been a bit freaked lately. I have my mammogram next week. It's been a year almost to the day when I found out that I had breast cancer. So I'll be glad when this week is over and my tests come back clean. We've also been fighting with the budget lately since Jim didn't get his bonus check yet from when he was on layoff. But things seem to be getting better.

My writing is still stalled. I just don't know how to get started and then how to sustain. But I am thinking about writing and I'm doing a lot of reading.

I'm trying to do weight watchers. So we'll see if I can lose some of this weight I've been putting on. I walked on Saturday and then again today. And I went and washed my car today. So I'm trying to be more active.

Reading: Just fininshed, Princess Academy, Shannon Hale. Loved it. Also just finished Sleeping Murder by Agitha Christie.

Writing goals: Finish Hannah by end of February. Write/enter essay for E. Bombeck's contest. I read all her books when I was a kid. and write Matt and the Kangaroo for the Highlights contest. Good news it's only 800 words. Bad news, I have to have it in the mail by Thursday.

No comments: