Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

It's a good day. I need to start seeing the good in every day. I worry so much anymore. I wish this was one thing I could get away from. But it's one day at a time I guess.

I've been avoiding my goals. I'm working on the Senior stuff but I put off talking to the other supevisors (fear) but now I've scheduled time with all of them, talked to two, and should be ready to write my letter of intent as well as my leadership accomplishment list on Wednesday for Angie to review and then off to Jason. I'm taking Friday off so it's a four day week for me. :)

I think I do have to get serious about me and my upkeep. That includes working out, eating right and taking care of things like eyebrow duty. I'm going to dye my hair (which is about 3/4 of an inch long now, thanks for asking) today. I invested in some good career clothes that I do like and now I need to look at some boots that are a little more stylish but yet comfortable. I think I can find a casual yet put together style that really fits me. Even at this higher weight.

Writing has been slow lately but I wrote up a ghost story for Fate just need to edit and find a picture of me to send it off with. The pays kind of small but if it gets accepted it's another credit. Other than that, no writing at all.

Reading: Just finished Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton. I really like her Kelly Flynn series. I read one of her's last month too, A Deadly Yarn. I can learn a lot by disecting her books and seeing how she works the story through the characters eyes. I've been very happy with the books.

Also reading Dating is Murder by Harley Jane Kozak. I'm having trouble getting into it. The names are totally throwing me as they are all German or something, the story just had this hidden edge to it like it knows a life I don't know at all. Now, don't get me wrong, I like being brought into a world that is different than mine, but it feels like everyone's talking English but the words all have different meanings.

So different than the Sefton books. I felt like I could be Kelly, if I had gone the Accounting Degree rather than Poly Sci. I think next I'll read the Elizabeth George that my work friend Sarah gave me. Mysteries are so different from each other.

No comments: