Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Ok, I'm very sad about Thanksgiving, we ate out, at a buffet, a really bad buffet and I got no turkey or ham. But in the middle of this sadness, I realized how lucky I was. Because I wasn't the elderly man sitting by himself eating his very bad Thanksgiving buffet by himself. All dressed up but no one to share his meal with. If it had been just Jim and I, we would have taken this loney man under our wing and invited him to our table. Jim's folks would have had a fit if we had invited him to the table with the 7 of us. So even during the 3rd worst Thanksgiving dinner of my life, I had something to be thankful for.

I am a relationship junkie. Having that special someone sitting next to you, being able to laugh that the coffee was the best part of the meal, and then sitting together on the couch watching television, that's my idea of heaven. And that being said, maybe my Thanksgiving wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Lynn

No comments: