Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Must go on....

I feel like I'm that guy in the desert crawling toward an oasis. One more treatment. Two more shots. Count down has begun. I know I'm doing radiation too but getting Chemo over is a huge milestone. And there are no more Cat or Bone scans. If there was more cancer, they would have found it by now. So except for the little cells running around my body, I'm cancer free right now. So next is radiation and then a pill every day to keep the cancer at bay.

Jim doesn't want to go down to the levee to see the fireworks. Too many people. But I do. Cyndi Lauper will be singing at 8pm. I may be fooling myself that I can even do it this year. Push push and maybe everything will be alright.

Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The one I couldn't remember was Vanish by Tess Gunderson? Now it's Iris Johonnson and the Eve Duncan character who has this scared voice all the time on the tape. Iris writes a lot about parenting in these suspense novels. I realize that's more what I write is suspense, not mystery.

Later, gotta go to work.
Lynn

No comments: