Saturday, July 21, 2007

Feeling fine

It's eleven days out from my last chemo and I'm feeling fine. Better than fine, actually good to normal. I was tired out yesterday but that might have been work and doctor's appointment. Today I walked! Did a couple of loads of laundry, cleaned up a few things, did a little shopping and went to Jim's folks for a BBQ for his brother's birthday. And I still feel fine.

Maybe it will stay this way?

We are talking about looking at a house tomorrow. I'm nervous because I'm talking myself into this house really easy so if we don't get it, I'll feel disappointed. But no risk, no gain.

My New Years Resolution - Cancer essay I submitted was probably rejected. I say probably because the email response I got was "Thanks, if we want to use it, you'll hear from us, otherwise, hope your life goes well..." But I have sent out two essays in two months as well as two fillers to Family Circle and the St. Louis Post. Pretty good submissions for now. I have a story started for the Cup of Comfort Breast Cancer Survivors call and should finish that up tomorrow am. So that will be three total submissions this week and I have the information for a query letter to either AAA Midwest or Bird Watchers, so I'll get that written and popped off tomorrow as well.

Reading: Finished Survivor by Death, JD Robb. (Good story with a lot of insight into Dallas' and Roarke's emotional makeup from the horrific childhood they both had. ) Finished How to Write Killer Fiction by Carolyn Wheat. (Nice discussion of the difference between mystery and suspense.) Reading Writing for Money by Loriann Hoff Oberlin. (Lots of excellent tips on different ways to make money in the writing area) Gently Down the Stream by Matt Weinstein and Luke Barber. (Business positive!) And Precision Truck Training. A course in mid-range diesels. (Guess which ones are for work!)

I'm actually listening to Breach of Silence (I think) by Sandra Brown which is a romance\suspense novel. I am learning a lot about story arc's and chapter hook endings And its a break from all the mysterys I had been listening to.

I watched a season of The Next Food Network Star the other night (love Tivo) and dreamed that my actions were being judged all night. So I have to mix up my sensory input until the Taxol gets out of my system.

Jim's home after being out of town all week. And I wrote while he was gone. Happy dance.

Lynn

No comments: