Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy weekend…



And most of my time has been spent sitting and eating and talking with friends.

I always say I'm a food pusher just like my mom. Come over to my house and you'll hear things like, have you eaten yet? Can I get you something?

Of course my mom always has a cake she just baked, or a pie she had to make to use up the rest of the peaches someone had given her.

I don't remember the last time I baked a dessert, even just box brownies.

But this weekend, I met friends for after work drinks, a different group for dinner with a visiting agent, breakfast before my writing chapter meeting, and a couple's dinner last night with good friends.

This morning, one more breakfast before my friend flies back to her real life four states away.

Then I've got to come home and do all the normal weekend tasks. Like cleaning, shopping, laundry, and trying to eek out some writing time.

Busy weekend. But oh, so fun.

What about you? Are you a food pusher? When you get with your friends is it around a dinner table?

Lynn



1 comment:

Laura said...

I wouldn't say I'm a food pusher. But I like to get together with friends over food because the conversation is always fun...and it's uninterrupted like it would be if you met at a sports event or a bar.

I do find, as I get older, that I really crave that kind of time with friends. Especially good ones. :)